It is reminded that according to the Schengen Visa Code all third country citizens, who are subject to vısa obligation, should be in possession of a valid visa in order to enter Greece legally.

> Where to get your Business Invitation?

For business travels, it is preferred that the invitation be taken from

> After how many days should I receive my passport after it is ready?

Check that your passport is ready on the application tracking page. If your passport is ready for delivery, you must receive it as soon as possible.

> Can a third person make my application?

If you have submitted fingerprints (VIS) to any Schengen country within the last 59 months, you are not required to apply in person (Applicants may be called to our office for fingerprints when deemed necessary).

If your application will be made by a third party (including family members), your notarized authorization letter along with a photocopy of this person's ID must be submitted during the application.

> Can I apply for a visa while I have a visa?

If your current visa covers your travel, you cannot apply for a visa. However, if the travel dates you have specified do not cover your current visa, you can apply.

> Can I apply without submitting my passport?

No. You need to present your passport during the visa application so that all documents can be sent to the Consulate General.

> Can I come for an application without an appointment?

Unless there is an urgent situation,  application are not accepted  without an appointment. For this reason you can make an appointment free of charge at the appropriate day and time from the Appointment section.

> Can I get a visa from Greece and make my first attempt from a different country?

According to Schengen rules, you must first enter to Greece with the visa you received from Greece and the maximum stay must be in Greece.

> Can I make a visa application to Istanbul and Izmir Consulate General Greece?

The Consulate General of Greece accepts visitors by an appointment on every Tuesday between 09:30am and 13:00pm and The Consulate General of Greece in Izmir every Wednesday between 10:00am and 14:00pm for visa issues.

> Can I make my application from the Application Center in the region I want, regardless of the city where my residence is based?

Whichever jurisdiction your residence and business documents cover, you can only apply from our branches belonging to that jurisdiction. (Pls see. Jurisdictions)

> Can I send my application documents by courier service ?

No, the applications are not accepted via courier service. Your application can be submitted by making an appointment. Your application and documents can be submitted on the date of your appointment.

> Can someone else collect my passport?

It can be received by the person declared by the applicant during the application, but if a person other than the declared name will receive the delivery, you must provide a power of attorney from a notary.

> Do I have to apply with a passport bearing my new name and surname in case of a change in status (such as marriage, divorce)?

Persons with a surname change due to Marriage or Divorce can apply with a new identity card and passport with the old surname, provided that they submit the relevant documents proving the surname change.

> Do I need an international driving license?

If your  Turkish  driving license issued   after 01.01.2016, you do not  need to have an international driving licence. 

> Do I need to get a visa if I am going to North Macedonia via Greece by road?

A visa is required to travel to North Macedonia by road via Greece, but you do not need a visa if you travel directly by plane.

> Do parents need to apply when making an appointment for the child?

For minor child applications, parents must visit our office during the application. If either parent is unable to come to our office, it is mandatory for the other parent to give a notarized consent.

Important Note: In Edirne and authorized branches, both parents must be present at our relevant office during the application and a notarized consent document must be submitted.

Important Note: In the Izmir/Ankara region and authorized branches, a letter of consent is requested from the non-traveling parent, even if the parent is personally present at the office during the application.

> Do you have photo and insurance services at visa application centers?

We have insurance service at all visa application centers.

We have a photography service at our Istanbul, Izmir, Ankara, Bursa, Edirne and Bodrum Visa Application Centers.

> Do you provide mobile service outside the city?

No, our mobile service is only valid for Istanbul.

> Does VIP service speed up the visa issuance process? Which offices have it?

VIP Service does not speed up the application process. For details, visit the additional services page.

> How far in advance can I make an appointment?

It varies depending on density. By checking our website at frequent intervals, you can make an appointment for the nearest date.

> How is the passport delivery done?

You can collect your passport personally as you specified during the application or you can benefit from our courier service. You can visit our contact page for delivery times.

> How long before my travel date should I make an application?

We recommend that you apply at least 15 days prior to your travel start date. There is no guarantee for passport delivery time for applications made closer to your trip.

> How long before the planned travel date, should a visa application can be made ?

Visa applications can be made up to 6 months prior to the planned travel date. For example, if your planned travel date is July 1, your visa application date cannot be before January 1.

> How long is the total stay in Schengen countries?

Accommodation can be made according to the duration of stay specified in the visa issued. (See -Frequently asked questions- Points you need to check following receipt of your passport)

> How long is the visa processing time?

Under the normal circumstances visa processing time is 15 days.

> How long should my travel health insurance be?

Your travel health insurance should cover your trip. Having a long period of travel insurance would not mean of obtaining longer term of visa nor means of providing convenience on obtaining visa.

> How should the applicants underage (under 18) should apply?

Visa applicants under the age of 18 can apply together with their parent/legal guardian. If traveling alone, a notarized document is required. For detailed information, visit the documentation page.

> How to apply for citizens of other countries who do not have a TC Nationality?

Foreign nationals must prove that they have residence permit in Turkey. The Consulate General of Greece, Visa Department  assess the visa applications on the  base of  the social and economic situation of the applicant. For this reason, the applicant are required to present  their personal documentation. Students whom are in Turkey on a temporary basis to  study  are required documents of their parents.  Notarised translation of the documents are required. (Translation can be in English or Greek)  The applicants whom were born in a country other than Turkey, even if they have given their biometric data with their previous application, they must provide  their biometric data  in conjunction with their present application .

The processing time of visa procedures for citizens of some countries outside of Turkey, under normal circumstances, may take 15 working days. For this reason, it is recommended that visa application should be made as early as possible considering the densities.

Residence permit for non-Turkish citizens: The residence permit in Turkey must be valid for at least three months from the date of planned departure from the territory of the Member States.

You can see the countries that Greece applies visa at the following website:

> How to get QR code invitation from Greece ?

For your family and friend visits, the person who invites you can obtain your QR code invitation via

> I am a Turkish Citizen living in a non-Schengen member country with a residence permit, can I apply for a visa in Turkey?

You must make your application from the country in which you reside.

> I am getting an ID error on our website, what is the reason? What is the validity period of the application form?

It is not possible to make an appointment without filling out the application form. You must first fill out the application form. The validity of the application form is 3 months.

> I got rejected, what is the reason? Is there a refund?

The reason for rejection is stated on the rejection slip given to you when you receive your passport. The visa fee is paid for the application evaluation process. It is stated in the information text and terms and conditions text of the completed application form that there is no refund.

> I just got a new job, my pay slip is not yet 3 months old, what should I do?

If available, the resignation statement and salary slip of the old company can be attached.

> I will receive an invitation from, but I cannot access the page. What should I do?

After completing the membership process to, you can complete your invitation creation process.

> If the visa application is rejected, can I reapply?

If the applicant wishes to re-apply following their refusal, he/she must address the refusal reasons along with the documentation.    

> Is green insurance for the vehicle required at the appointment?

Green insurance for the vehicles is not mandatory when applying. It can also be done before travel after the visa process is completed.

> Is the gate visa application still ongoing?

There is no gate visa application, a Schengen application is required.

> Is the signature circular of civil servants required?

If it cannot be provided, it is not a mandatory document.

> Is there a refund when cargo is canceled?

There is no refund when cargo is canceled.

> Main condition for Greek Schengen Visa

If Your main accommodation (Schengen country where you will spend the longest time) will be in Greece;or  if your  staying in the Schengen countries  are the same, but  Greecewill be your the first entry  in the Schengen area.

> My mother, father and siblings are not included in the registered population registration sample. Is there a problem?

The family members listed in the document obtained with the 'Personality Family' option in the population registration sample obtained from the e-government are sufficient for your application.

> Points you need to check following receipt of your passport
> Relatives of EU and Greek Citizen

The European Union (EU) foresees the facilitation of short-term (up to 90 days) visa applications for citizens of the EU member states or family members of the Greek citizens travelling with them to the EU countries. This applies for dependents of family members

Spouses, children under 21 years of age (or their spouse children), or dependent children over 21 years of age (or spouse children), or dependent parents or or parents in-law.

Family members of European Union (EU), EU member country citizens or Greek citizens can apply for a visa without making an appointment.

For detailed information please select Visa category EU / Greek citizen spouse and / or children



> Schengen stay time and visit to different Schengen countries

The Schengen Visa entitles you to travel up to 90 days in the Schengen area. According to the regulation that specifies the authorizations related to visa applications, you need to obtain your visa from the country representative where you will travel or spend a significant part of your trip. If you plan to travel to different Schengen countries, you should contact the representative of the country where you will have the longest stay to obtain a visa.

Having a visa is only one of the requirements for entering the European area of ​​the Member States. Even if you have been granted a visa, this does not mean that you will be entitled to compensation if you do not comply with the provisions of Article 6/1 of EU Regulation 2016/399 (Schengen Borders Law) and are not allowed to enter. Fulfillment of entry conditions will be checked again upon entry into the European territory of the Member States.

> The car I will be traveling with is not mine, do I have to get a power of attorney?

You must obtain a power of attorney from the vehicle owner (for the last 5 years). If traveling with the vehicle license holder, a photocopy of the vehicle owner's visa must be attached to the documents.

> Travel Agencies

Travel agencies must have the A or B class authority granted by TURSAB.

> What are the conditions of travel health insurance?

The guarantee limit is at least 30,000 Euros, covering your travel and valid in Schengen countries, must be on letterhead with a wet signature, stamp or QR code. Only insurance with euro coverage can be accepted.

> What can I do if my application is rejected?

If your application is rejected, you will receive a rejection form along with your passport. Appeal Applications are made to the Greek authorities, and the steps you can follow are specified in the Rejection Form or in the 'Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs Personal Data Disclosure Text' published on this site.

> What does double entry visa mean?

The visa issued is with the intention of entering the Greek Schengen area. It shows that you have the right to enter the Schengen area twice during the visa period, provided that the main destination is Greece.

> What does single entry visa mean?

It shows that you have the right to enter the Schengen area once within the given visa period. A single-entry visa can only be used to enter Greece.

> What is the minimum passport validity period for visa application?

Your passport must be valid for at least 3 months after the end of your trip.

> What is the Schengen Visa?

Greece is a member of the European Union and is part of the Schengen agreement. These two memberships define the visa requirements of foreign citizens seeking to visit Greece.

Schengen visa is required when you want to visit one or more countries in the Schengen area. (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Greece, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Poland, Slovenia, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Malta, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia and Hungary).

> What is the validity period of the documents prepared for visa applications?

The validity period of the documents received should not exceed 5 business days as of the appointment date.

> What is the visa fee and payment method?

The visa fee determined by the Greek Consulate is 80 Euros and the Kosmos Service Fee is 30 Euros, and payment is accepted in cash and only in Euros when you make your visa application. (See Visa Fees)

> Where can I access my barcode number?

You can access your barcode number from the section written in the upper left corner of the application form or from the appointment confirmation document sent to your e-mail after making an appointment.

> Where can I access the documents I need to prepare?

You can access all required documents from the "General Documents" section under the "Make an application" tab on our official website.

> Where can I apply for D-Type Visa ?

This service only covers the Istanbul region. The process of D-Type Visa Applications is determined by the Consulate General of Istanbul in contact with the applicant and is accepted only by the Istanbul Kosmos Visa Gayrettepe branch.

> Where can I get dormitory entry-exit and protocol documents?

Dormitory entry and exit documents can be obtained from e-devlet or the police station, and protocol documents can be obtained from e-devlet.

> Where is my cargo, how can I find out?

You can track your application with your ID number and barcode number in the "Track Application " section on our website.

> Who can sponsor a visa application?

People who earn a living or have dependents can sponsor their breadwinners.

> Who makes the decision of the applications?

Applications you have made are only assessed by the  Consulate General of Greece in  Istanbul, Izmir or Greek Embassy in Ankara. Kosmos Visa Services employees do not have any positive or negative impact on the visa.  If any member of staff employed by Kosmos claims to be able to influence your application, please inform the Kosmos Visa Application Centre as soon as possible. 

> Who should apply for a visa ?

Turkish citizens need a visa to visit Greece. Passport holders of diplomatic, service (green) or service (gray) do not need to obtain a visa for 90 days of stay in the Schengen area. Citizens of Other Countries can check whether they are subject to a visa at

> Will there be a problem because my flight ticket does not have a QR code?

It can be offered if the PNR code and price are specified.